Discovered that you can set a custom variable in Google Analytics to the ID of the Sharepoint user (that’s ID, not Name) :
This is the tracking code I used. The important part here is the _gaq.push([‘_setCustomVar’ line. We can use the Sharepoint JS variable _spUserId:
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
1, // This custom var is set to slot #1. Required parameter.
'User', // The name of the custom variable. Required parameter.
_spUserId, // This is the Sharepoint JS variable _spUserId. Required!
2 // Sets the scope to session-level. Optional parameter.
ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script'); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
Don’t forget to change the UA string from
to the value for your site!
Sharepoint Error “The list cannot be imported because a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible spreadsheet application is not installed or is not compatible with your browser.”
I resolved the above error by running the Office Setup routine from the installation disk. Incidentally, you’ll need to use 32 bit Internet Explorer when importing your spreadsheet as a list.
However, I still had an issue, where once i’d clicked ‘Import’, the following error occurred: “An unexpected error has occurred.” Handy. Not.
However, the following Microsoft Support Article helped resolved the issue:
It would appear that you have to append ‘&ListBaseType=0&DisplayName=Spreadsheet+Import‘ to the URL of the import page.
Thanks to the following websites for help with this:
Ok, so I gotta vent. This is frustrating:
“The list cannot be imported because a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible spreadsheet application is not installed or is not compatible with your browser.”
Microsoft Sharepoint Foundation 2010
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Microsoft Excel 2010
I’ll get back to you once i’ve found out how to sort this nonsense.